When may I apply?
Applications for admission to Unisa have been extended. Apply now!
What do I need to apply?
You need to check that you qualify for admission and that you have the necessary documents ready to upload during the application process.
I am sure…
- that I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
- that I meet the minimum academic points score (APS) for my qualification(s) of choice – a higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply)
- that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
* We urge all Unisa students who previously applied prior to 2016 to upload all the required documents. Failure to do so may result in a delay in processing your application.
** Some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)